Freedom Trax is a motorized wheelchair track attachment designed to transform a manual wheelchair into an off-road mobility aid that can traverse sand, snow, gravel and mud. The user operates the Freedom Trax with a joystick, which can be mounted on any part of the wheelchair.
Caution: Powered Wheelchairs & Scooters
This item should be trialled in the user's home environment to ensure maximum safety and independence. Environmental considerations include kerbs, footpaths, road, railway crossing, etc.
Users should take care when riding a scooter or powered wheelchair and observe the following safety guidelines:
• Users who intend to use scooters or powered wheelchairs must ensure they have the necessary physical and cognitive skills to operate and manoeuvre them safely
• Stay within the legal speed limit of 10km/h
• Be aware that taking medication or driving under the influence of alcohol may affect the user's judgement
• Always make sure that you are clearly visible, particularly at night or on dull days-use the lights and reflectors and install a reflective flag high enough to be seen by motorists
• Wear a bicycle helmet whenever possible
• Slow down when you are near other people, especially pedestrians and cyclists
• Avoid stopping or driving on inclines greater than your scooter or powered wheelchair is designed for
• Use footpaths if possible. If there are no foot paths, plan to user quieter roads
• Plan your trip and avoid uneven surfaces, dips and potholes
• Ensure if you are carrying parcels that the load will not over-balance your scooter or powered wheelchair and the parcels do not interfere with your controls or vision.
contact supplier for details
contact supplier for details
- Freedom Trax - https://paragonmobility.com.au/
Refer to the supplier and manufacturer manual for maintenance instructions and safety warnings.
Models / Specifications
Model Freedom Trax : (PRO PACK)
Model Freedom Trax (FT2): Includes a chair for the user to sit in
Model Freedom Trax (FT1): Freedom Trax (FT1)
- Voltage of Battery 24 V (Lithium Ion)
- Length Overall 610 mm
- Height Overall 305 mm
- Range (distance) 8 km
- Width 610 mm
- Weight Overall 31 kg (31-47kg)
Select a state below to view suppliers located in that state. Some suppliers may distribute to other states or nationally. Please click the supplier's name for more information on that supplier.
|Supplier Code||Price & Price Notes||Hire?||Repair?||Availability|
Some assistive technology needs to meet Australian or other standards. Standards may relate to materials, manufacturing, and installation. Products that meet Australian or international standards will have written certification. To find out if a product meets Australian Standards ask the supplier to show you the certificate. For more information about standards see http://www.ilcaustralia.org.au/Using_Assistive_Technology/standards_regulation
Independent Living Centres Australia (ILCA) does not design or make products. ILCA cannot guarantee that all information given is correct. Prices shown are a rough guide. Some products may incur GST. Check with suppliers for up-to-date prices. The display of products at an ILCA centre, or details given in print, is only for your information. It is not a recommendation. You should always get professional advice when choosing products. The person choosing the product is responsible for their choice. ILCA takes no responsibility for people choosing equipment or services which will cause (or be alleged to have caused) loss or injury. You must follow the manufacturer’s or service provider’s instructions when using equipment or services.