Keyboards are available with a number of accessibility features to make typing easier. Features such as the colour and size of the keys may make it easier to enter in text on a keyboard. Windows and Mac computers also have settings you can adjust to make you keyboard easier to use. This includes adjusting the sensitivity of the keys to accommodate a tremor or impaired sensation.
Factors to consider
- What type of computer is the keyboard compatible with?
- Do you need a wireless keyboard?
- Will a coloured keyboard assist with vision?
- Is a keyguard needed to separate out the keys on the keyboard?
- Are accessories needed to increase comfort such as a stand or a wrist support?