In this section you will find information on emergency call systems to help you summon assistance when needed.
Emergency Call Systems:
An emergency call system is a device which can be used to call for assistance when a person is in an emergency situation which leaves them unable to access a telephone. The emergency call system will work by pressing a button that is worn by the person i.e. a pendant or wrist band. Pushing the button will activate the emergency call system to signal a unit which is connected to the telephone line. This signal will then prompt a call to a designated monitored or non-monitored phone service. Emergency call systems can increase safety and provide peace of mind for people who live alone.
Factors to consider:
- Do you want to use the emergency call system in the home? In the community? Or both?
- Do you need an emergency call system which can work with a pre-existing phone or can a new phone be included with the system
- Who and how many people would you like to be contacted by the emergency call system? This may include family members, neighbours, close friends or monitored services.
- Are the people designated to be contacted nearby, able to enter the house and can they be contacted at all times of day.
- How many people in the household will be using the emergency call system?
- Cost: This includes purchasing the unit, installation costs, ongoing monitoring or the costs of calls made. Costs will vary depending on the type of emergency all system selected.
Also known as:
- Personal alarm call systems (PACS)
- Pendant alarms